Sunday, November 11, 2012

unit 4

I listened to the mp3 of loving kindness. I found it very beneficial to relieve stress. The warm colors sent out rays of love and comfort. It relaxed me so much that I fell asleep before it was done. Every inch of my body focused on the warm colors. I would recommend this to anyone needing to open themselves to love and warmness.

3 comments:

  1. I have that problem quite often. I found that if I lay down and meditate, or get tooooo comfortable, I fall asleep before I have even finished. I have also noticed that I know when I am falling asleep, because my thoughts will be really weird and they won't make a lot of sense. If I'm paying attention, I'll notice it and wake myself back up, if not, it's the bob for apples motion that snaps me back out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that I'm not the only one. When I feel myself go to sleep my thoughts become blank, then I do realize that I am usually thinking a lot and wake up. Falling asleep may be the best thing for me. My best sleep comes from meditation.

      Delete
  2. The wellness of others is Loving kindness!
    Selfishness must be substituted for the wellness of others.
    “We get back what we give!”
    Great Sages has suggested that enduring wellbeing depends on our compassion for others.
    When we give and receive loving-kindness are minds are calming and better prepared for contemplative practice.
    We must open our hearts to loving-kindness by using love and care for those feelings.
    Our experiences including our physical body must be loved, appreciated and respected but so must our emotions and our feelings no matter the dimensions of those thoughts. We must let go of attachments by letting go of them to relax our thinking. Peace and tranquility is the focus. We use the love of others to love ourselves and our various emotions. Be at peace and security with yourself and be loving and kind to all that is you. Know that your life is precious and love yourself so you can properly love others. When we do this practice we also take-in pain and sorrow of a loved-one into our heart and breathe out good fortunes and relief to them. This is almost like prayer to help others by sharing their earthy experiences spiritually and sending back good spiritual energy.

    ReplyDelete