Monday, November 26, 2012
unit6
The exercise took me to a quiet place. The more I read the short sentences the deeper my body felt in relaxation. all I could hear was myself saying the words and them repeating in my head. I used candles for this exercise. Lit candles help me relax and focus on the task. I discovered about myself, that the more relax I become, my mind relaxes. The more my mind relax the clearer my thoughts, until there aren't any. I eventually doze off to sleep, sitting up in the meditation position. It's not for long, but I feel refreshed from the 10 minute snooze. My area of focus for growth and development is the inner me. I can feel the spiritual me, but it keeps hiding inside, like it is shy. It has the urge to be known. I can get more candles, votives are my favorite and meditate more. The more I do it the more my body can get use to it. May be I will began to stay awake when I close my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tikita
ReplyDeleteWhen I first started to meditate as part of the classes exercises I found to that lighting candles helped to calm me down and helped to create a feeling of warmth. I have tried experimenting with different types of candles and I have found that I meditate better with scented candles. I especially enjoy candles that have warm smelling scents. It takes me awhile to meditate to a place where my mind goes blank. I envy you for that. I find it is one of the challenges of this class and the exercises. My inner spiritual side seems to only come out when I am working as a nurse. It is when I am caring for patients that find it hard to love themselves that I feel the most spiritual. My patients live in a urban war zone and are casualties of that war. Last night my patient was pregnant with twins and had two other children under the age of 4. They all lived in a homeless shelter. Today I will be meditating and trying to radiate love to all those who need it within my universe.
Tikita, the thought of lighting the candles sounds like it sets a nice tone to the atmosphere. I do have to admit, I'm going to worry about you falling asleep with those lit though. :) I am getting almost addicted to these exercises myself, like you, I love the after feeling of being so centered and recharged. Maybe I'll send you some of those candles that just look like they are lit?
ReplyDelete